Two new PODCASTS; Section 1341 Claim of Right PLUS Tax Planning for Foreign Investors in United States Real Estate
PODCAST: Section 1341 “Claim of Right” Refunds: Calculating Tax Benefits, Avoiding Double Taxation on Repayments and Claw-Backs
RECORDED LIVE: November 10, 2016
These and other important topics are discussed:
- Identifying circumstances in which a claim of right claim is appropriate
- Documenting Section 1341 claim for tax benefit
- Reporting a Section 1341 claim for tax benefit
- Live question and answer session with participants so we can answer questions about these important issues directly.
PODCAST: Foreign Investment in U.S. Real Property
Tax Planning and Reporting Challenges, Anticipating Tax Issues When a Foreign Investor or Entity Acquires or Disposes of Interests
RECORDED LIVE: November 1, 2016
- Ryan Dudley, Partner, Friedman, New York
- Richard S. Lehman, Atty, United States Taxation and Immigration Law, Boca Raton, Fla.
- John R. Strohmeyer, Crady, Jewett & McCulley, Houston
The speakers review these key topics:
- What are the tax implications of purchasing U.S. real estate individually or through a U.S. LLC vs. a foreign corporation, a U.S. corporation, or a trust?
- What are the tax reporting obligations for non-U.S. owners of U.S. real estate?
- What tax pitfalls do professionals need to grasp when handling the tax and compliance issues for foreign investors?
- What special FIRPTA rules apply to REITs?