Ponzi Scheme Tax Loss
How to plan and implement a taxpayer Ponzi Scheme tax loss for maximum benefits now, and in the future.
Veteran South Florida Tax Attorney Richard S. Lehman will explain:
- How to best secure a tax refund from Ponzi Scheme losses
- How the government has made recovery easier
- What you need to know about theft losses
- How to plan and implement a taxpayer Ponzi Scheme tax loss for maximum benefits now, and in the future.
The most recent Internal Revenue Service ruling (Oct 2012) allows clawback victims of Ponzi schemes to maximize their tax refunds and deduct their losses in years that would otherwise be closed by the Statute of Limitations. This is in the event the deductions are more valuable in the earlier years for purposes of tax refunds.
Ponzi Scheme Tax Loss Resources:
- VIEW ONLINE: New I.R.S. Revenue Ruling re: clawbacks
- RELATED ARTICLE: “Favorable Tax Consequences related to Ponzi Scheme and the Clawback” this article describes completely the advantages of how to make use of Code Section 1341 noted in the new IRS ruling.
- Report to Congress: The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) Report on Customer Outcomes in the Madoff Liquidation Proceeding.
- Presentation slides download as pdf
- IRS Revenue Ruling: download as pdf
- Revenue Procedure: download as pdf
- REPORT NO.1: Bernard Madoff Tax Loss – Introduction download pdf
- REPORT NO.2: A Reasonable Prospect of Recovery download pdf
- REPORT NO.3: Is the Safe Harbor Worth it? download pdf
- TAX MANAGEMENT BNA Real Estate Journal Vol 27, No2, Feb 2011 Ponzi Scheme Tax Losses
- Favorable Tax Consequences Related to Ponzi Schemes and the Clawback BNA September, 2011 Read full article or download pdf